(Note: I wrote this post last night around 11:45. It’s a little all over the place, but it’s raw and emotional, you know? A glimpse at what finals do to the psyche. This is a psychological exposé, really.)
The semester is almost over! Finals week is an uphill battle, my friends, and one time Julie and I climbed a mountain, which is also kind of an uphill battle, so I thought the picture would be fitting. Also, the phrase “uphill battle” will never not remind me of that Miley Cyrus song that she wrote for the Hannah Montana movie or the Nicholas Sparks one with the horrifically sad ending or whatever. There’s always gonna be another mountain, she’s always gonna want to make it mooooove. (The mountain, I’m assuming. Although she could also be talking about final exams. Pretty sure we’d all like to make them move. To never.)
I did a solid 8 hours in the library today. Can you tell?
(That wasn’t a humble brag, but okay, that was kind of a humble brag. Eight hours. My name is champion.)
In other news, Julie and I took a fiction class this semester. My friend Matt knew that we were taking a fiction class this semester. Matt is also 1) a reddit follower, 2) a Harry Potter fan, and 3) very fond of pineapples. I have compiled the following list and put it on the Internet because someday, I want to show it to my grandchildren.
Things My Friend Matt Texted Me This Semester:
- Sept. 9, 11:32 AM: “Writing prompt of the day: murder is legal as long as the weapon is a pineapple. GO.”
- Sept. 16, 11:11 AM: “Writing prompt of the day: a Muggle manages to sneak into the sorting ceremony. What happens?”
- Sept. 21, 12:22 PM: “Writing prompt of the day: Gordon Ramsay is the new Hogwarts potions professor.”
- Sept. 22, 11:34 PM: “Hi I’m Hannah Drake. Fiction writer.”
- Sept. 25, 11:05 AM: “Writing prompt of the day: a group therapy session for guardian angels of horrible people.”
- Oct. 12, 5:29 PM: “Send me that picture of me sleeping on my shoe.”
- Oct. 21, 11:16 AM. “Any car that Tom Cruise drives is in cruise control. THINK ABOUT IT.”
- Dec. 12, 2:09 AM “Also, I’m gonna start up a butter company called ‘butter from another utter.’”
So, yeah. Matt rocks. Finals don’t. Pineapples are somewhere in the middle.
See you on the other side, my friends.